Thursday 16 January 2014

Glory Ann's Story

     It was a Friday afternoon in school. Me and my friends hung out for awhile at the playground. It was quiet in the playground because people weren't there anymore. My friend Karla decided we should go on a picnic this weekend and watch a movie afterwards. I wasn't sure if I had a ride but I still said yes. I missed my bus today, so I had to ask Karla's mom if she could drop me off. When I got home from school, I ate chips that tasted gross. It was quarter after 4. That's the time my mom gets off work. When she got home, I asked her right away if I could go to the picnic this weekend. She said, "You can't go because you have no ride." 
   I replied by saying, "Mom! That's unacceptable! I want to go out with my friends this weekend." 
She still said no. I texted all of my friends and I told them I wasn't able to go because I had no ride. They gave me some suggestions but my mom wouldn't let me anyways. 
    When I woke up the next morning, I noticed I  had a huge acne on my forehead. That made me mad for a bit. I wasn't in a very good mood this morning because of yesterday. My mom called me down to eat my breakfast, she also told me that my uncle can drive me tomorrow. I was very excited! I couldn't wait 'till tomorrow! I was very happy so I ran to my phone and I texted my friends. It felt like this day went by fast. I don't think I can sleep tonight because of how excited I was. 

         When I woke up, I got ready and got all of the stuff I had to bring. I brought some plate, table cloth for our picnic table and a tv cable just in case we watch a movie after the picnic. I called my uncle to get me.15 minutes later, my uncle came. I went into my uncle's car. It was dirty and it smelt a bit weird. I don't think my uncle cleaned his car. I didn't want to go in but I had to if I want to go. When I went in the car, he asked me what place we were going to. I told him to go to Assiniboine Park. 
          When we got there, I was relieved I left his car because it really smelt weird. My friends were already there before me. They were waiting for me to come. They had our food ready on the picnic table. I love the place my friends chose. There were plants everywhere. You can smell the grass around the park, which I liked. It was so quiet and peaceful. I can hear the kids playing around. I went to my friends and greeted all of them. Then I noticed, one of my friend was not there. Blunt wasn't there. They told me she had to go somewhere but she'll be meeting us at Karla's house when we watch a movie. 
      My friends and I heard a really loud noise. I looked up and saw a plane. That's where the noise came from. The sky was so blue. I can feel how hot it is. It really felt like summer. I realized how this planet is a great place to live in. We started eating. The food smelt so good. It also tasted delicious. Mostly the barbecue, Karla prepared for us. That was probably the best food I've eaten there. 
We finished eating, we were just waiting for Karla's mom to come. We walked around the park for a while. There were people everywhere. Even dogs. My friends saw a couple walking with 3 huge dogs. My friends knew I didn't like dogs, so they told me to look ahead. Something was coming. I looked, it was a dog. I ran as fast as I can to go back to our picnic spot. I didn't know if I would make it. I was exhausted. I was sweating and breathing heavily. 
        I made it. My friends followed me. The dog was following too, but the couple weren't doing anything. I don't think they even cared. Karla's mom came before the dog did. We hurried to her car and headed to their house. She bought us food on the way to their house. Blunt came after us. We all decided to watch The Conjuring. Good thing I brought my tv cable because Karla didn't have one.
It was 7 pm already. I had to go home or else my mom will get mad at me. We finished the movie then cleaned up afterwards. Karla's mom dropped us all home when we finished. I had so much fun today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment