Thursday 16 January 2014

Livi's Story

Bye to all of my friends, goodbye to my favorite school, farewell to the only house I’ve ever lived in. Most of all good bye to my dad, whom my sister, Mom, and I are leaving in America due to their divorce. My mom got a new job in London, so that’s where she decided to move us.

In a way, I’m exited to move, it’s time for a change. Seventeen years of the same place, same people, same school, same house. I just wish some of my friends could come with me, instead of me leaving completely. My sister’s excited because she thinks we are going on a little vacation. Little does she know we have to switch schools tomorrow. She’s almost as shy as me and I’m really, really shy. I can’t even answer a question in class without stuttering.

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEPthe alarm screams out louder than ever, letting me know it’s time to move to a new high school. Great! I have literature first period, something I am good at. I pull up to the school parking lot, and of course, almost all the spots are full. So now I am having to park at the third furthest parking spot in the whole lot.

The school is very warm as I walk in the doors for the first time, unlike the bitter autumn outside. I take out my earphones as I approach the office to get my schedule. I find out literature is in room 108, close enough to my locker.

As I step into the class, all eyes are on me. I hate attention. I choose a seat by a girl with dark, almost brown hair. She introduced herself as Ashley. She said we would get along well and she showed me around. We soon learned we had almost all of our classes together. Throughout the week, we became really good friends. She even asked me to a party this Friday! That is only a day away.

As soon as the school day is over, I rush home in order to ask permission to go to this party. “I love that you are making friends,” said Mom disappointedly, “but I’ve never even met these people, and besides, you have to babysit your sister.” Defeated, I just let out a big sigh, and go up to my room and plan how I am going to get out of it.

It’s Friday! The school day passed so fast. In fact, the whole day did. It’s already 11 at night and I just put my sister to bed - time to leave.


 It’s about 12:45 am and now my phone keeps going off, but I ignore it, because this guy I am looking at is so cute. I finally check my phone. I missed 13 calls and about 20 text messages. They are all about my sister. Something’s very wrong.

“Ashley, drive me home now!”

We got into Ashley’s car and we are at my house in about fifteen minutes. When we arrive, there are five police cars, a fire truck and an ambulance. I sprint to the house. My mom is distraught, yelling at the police officer. He is explaining to her that he thinks my sister left at around 11:30 pm.

I did this. It is all my fault. I have to find her.

It has been two weeks since she’s been missing. Ashley’s taking me to the shops to take my mind off of things.

All of a sudden, a small pair of arms wraps my stomach. My shirt quickly becomes moist from my sister’s tears. Before I know it I’m crying too. My little sister is back! Where was she all this time?

When we all make it towards home, I am carrying my sister in my arms. I am wondering the expression on Mom’s face. She will be so happy to see both of us. Won’t she? Maybe not me, but for sure, my sister. Mom, I may have been the reason she ran away, but I found her! I am bursting with anticipation.

“Mom! Baby’s back! I echo through the house. No reply.
My sister’s back.
But where’s Mom? 

No comments:

Post a Comment