Thursday 16 January 2014

Kira's Story

Katelynn lived in a palace in England with her mom Olivia her dad George and her 3 little brothers Timothy, Jeffery, and Christopher. Her parents were the king and queen of Macintosh. Katelynn's mom wanted her to be the princess but Katelynn didn't want to be a princess. Her mom expected her to be prim and proper like a princess but Katelynn wanted to run wild and be free. She wanted to act like a wild animal.
"Katelynn come here." Said her mom.
"What do you want mom?" Said Katelynn.
"I want you to put on this pretty dress and start acting like a lady. The Prince of Summerville is coming today and he wants to marry you."
"But Mom I don't want to marry him and I don't want to be a princess. I want to live my life the way I want it not the way you want me to."
"Katelynn, I am your mother. Why can't you accept what I telling you to do? You will do as I say. Now put on this dress. He will be here really soon."
"Fine mom". Said Katelynn.

"Ten minutes later the Prince of Summerville arrived.
"Katelynn! Come here! the Prince of Summerville has arrived. Bring him a plate of peach cobbler." Exclaimed her mom.
Katelynn went to the oven and brought out the peach cobbler but as she carried it out if the kitchen she tripped on the rug. She spilled the peach cobbler all over the Prince of Summerville.
"Ohh! I'm very sorry. I seem to be unable to balance today. I'll clean this mess up right away." Katelynn said.
"You better. I am allergic to peach cobbler!" Said the Prince of Summerville.
" Katelynn! This is an unacceptable way to treat the Prince of Summerville"!
"How I am I supposed to know Mom. I forgot all the proper stuff that you tried to teach me."
"Katelynn go to your room!"
With that the Prince left the palace and on his way out he slammed the door in disgust.  

"Katelynn do you realize that you have just offended the Prince of Summerville?" "No I don't realize that and I see no reason too. He is a dirty pig smelling barbarian and I do not wish to marry him."

"Katelynn that is no way to talk about the Prince."
"I don't care Mom. I will talk about him how ever I want. And nothing you say will ever change that."

3 weeks later when Katelynn was cleaning the family's private plane her mom said "Katelynn come on put on this dress it is the day of your wedding."
"I already told you. Mom I'm not going to marry the Prince if Summerville."
"Katelynn you will do as I say. Now put on the dress."

1 hour later they arrived at the church where the wedding was supposed to take place.

"Do you, Katelynn the princess of Macintosh, accept the Prince of Summerville to be your husband for the rest of your natural life?"
"I don't." The whole audience gasped. No one had ever said "I don't" before!
"Do you, the Prince of Summerville, accept Katelynn, the princess of Macintosh, to be your wife for the rest of your natural life?"

"No, I don't." The whole audience gasped again because they had never heard two people not want to marry the people at a wedding. "I do not wish to marry someone who dresses like a pig and acts like one too."
"Well I do not wish to marry the Prince of Summerville who is a dirty pig smelling barbarian." The whole audience drew in their breath. No one ever insults the Prince of Summerville's family.

"Katelynn, do you know what you've done? You've been a disgrace to the entire kingdom. Go to your room and don't come out until I tell you to."
"Prince of Summerville do you know what you've done? You've been a disgrace to the entire family. I am kicking you out. From now on your name will be changed from the Prince of Summerville to Billy the peasant." Said The King of Summerville. 

Billy was kicked out of the family and was never spoken to by his family again.
2 days later when Katelynn was watching cable television she decided that now

was a good time to talk with her mom. She said "Mom, why can't I marry who I want, not who you want?"
"Katelynn, I guess you're right I am being too hard on you. You can make your own decisions and marry who you want."

"Really Mom? Are you telling the truth?"
"Yes Katelynn. Marry who you want"
Katelynn never did get married and she only acted slightly better than a wild animal when her Mom was watching. 

No comments:

Post a Comment